PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST CITY AIRPORT (BHD)
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2016, 16:56
panpanpanpan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sarcon is either a very good sh*t stirrer or he knows something that the rest of us don't. I suspect the former.

My best guess would be that BA consolidate in some form with Aer Lingus, it doesn't really make any business sense having two forms of the same business "competing" with each other, add in the cost of one of the night stop aircraft being a home grown crewed variety but yet the other relies on crew being accommodated in a hotel somewhere and it gets hard to try and work it all out! Would this mean the night stopper BA coloured airbus now starts from London and let the green one do the first rotation out of Harbour?

Whatever the outcome Harbour in my opinion definitely needs another London route, Heathrow and London City are good routes but I would suggest the leisure market punter will look further afield to Stansted or Gatwick. I'm sure Harbour marketing team are scratching heads to try and work out what is going to happen in the short term never mind having a long term plan!

PS The almost gloating nature of posters on here when things appear to be going against Harbour is really quite mystifying, are there a lot of Aldergrove employees lurking on Pprune??