PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2016, 16:13
nitefiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How strange,
when i commented that the tests, in my opinion were "Stupid" i was labelled as, not suitable, a w***er and a crm nightmare, despite having over twenty years airline experience, and another five in corporate, never having failed anything and always been marked up on crm skills in any sim I've done. Ive flown heavies in the monsoon and all over the world as well, and now back on 737,s to some very challenging destinations.
Stop trying to sell Jet2 as something its not.. its not the RAF or BA or a flying club where you all go out and have a few jars after work, its an airline a very small one, which, by all accounts needs a lot of pilots. If it is as good as some of you make out then why are so many guys leaving?
I know a lot of experienced guys rated on type who are infinitely suited to your operations who have fallen foul of the tests or your HR Heavy Brigade at interview.
I passed your interviews, i just wasn't lured by the likely offer of a part time contract, 70% pay whilst line training and the chance to double my commute by being dual based in Scotland, thats why i couldn't be bothered to finish off the tests, but had i have done so i would have become a "top chap" overnight.