PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson, Monarch, Thomas Cook Could it work?
Old 24th Jan 2016, 16:03
MEG@DK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thomson, Monarch, Thomas Cook Could it work?

Good afternoon all,

After 10 years in corporate and private aviation, home life is starting to demand I have a look at joining an airline. I live in the Cotswolds, so BA is too far a drive for a regular short haul rotation.

I have 5000 hours most of that on various jets, but none of the usual airline types. I'm Captain and appreciate I'll have to come in as FO, so what I am looking for here is a look into how much an FO at Thomson, Monarch and Thomas Cook take home monthly all inclusive, BHX or BRS bases. The idea is basically will it work financially with the mortgage and so on, should I be lucky and get in with one of those 3. I could potentially qualify for a straight in command out of Bristol with BMI Regional, anyone knowing anything about the likelihood of that is welcome to chip in as well.

Also with 5000 hours and 3000 of those PIC on jet, will I be quicker to command or is that only ever based on time on type and in company?

You don't have to broadcast it all on here if that makes you uncomfortable, PM will be just fine. Any other information you may have regarding the above companies, living with the job, recruitment process, next intake and so on will be greatly appreciated.

Happily employed and not in a rush, but I feel it's the end of the business jet life so just getting started here.

All the best

Mike