PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2016, 20:39
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another very valid point, having the bare minimum fATPL, might seem like a big task, and it is of course much work, but it is fairly "easy" compared to many other professions to pass the theory ATPL's, they are not so difficult, just time consuming. The IR similar, when you understand the basics, it's just practice.

But it's big step from having fresh fATPL to getting a job, and you will soon discover that the airlines are looking for much more then just the bare minimum with regards to skills then the fATPL, and I have seen some older guys struggle with this part, as they often need a little more time, and many airlines have the luxury that they don't need to spend more time, as they have plenty of qualified candidates.

But if you do start this, don't think you just need the money for the IR/CPL and theory, you will also need the money for the TR, if you ever get offered a job, you will with 99.9% chance have to pay/fund your own TR, specially at your age.

So you will need probably at least £70.000 available over the next 2 - 3 years, that you can spend to be paid around £1500 - £2500 a month, never having time for your friends, your wife or any other family, because you are living the dream !