PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2016, 20:21
kcockayne

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aero Mad
Yes, the CI are only associate members of the EU, but that does not seem to stop it getting its tentacles into every one of our nooks & crannies. In fact, it's worse than that. EU citizens seem to be free to come, go & work here, whilst CI citizens are not allowed to reside or work in the EU. So, I am afraid that I have no great faith in the islands being willing to oppose any interference from it - whether such interference is allowed, or not! Consequently, it would seem to me that "what the EU says, goes".
Anyway, I hope that your reassurances on the airline etc. front would prove to be correct - though I have no faith that they would be.
I accept your observations with reference to the Tri. replacement, but I feel that it is of no great importance as to which individuals were involved, it is the airline itself, collectively, which bares the responsibility for the inaction on this front. That may be a little unfair on those who have really tried to get something done; but the fact remains - that the impression is that very little effective action has been taken.
What is your reaction to these points ?