PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 02FO - Get Rich Quick!
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2003, 00:39
PilotOnline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't succumb to that side of the advertising, but have found since they stopped updating their site that my name and address has found it's way onto numerous mailing lists. I now receive a small rainforest worth of junk mail a week telling me that my path to untold wealth and romance is just a £20 cheque away. I would prefer it if these companies were honest and just wrote to me saying "help me get rich quick by sending a cheque for £20!"

I know someone who did apply to one of the money making schemes once, and all they received was more motivational 'YOU can do it" type stuff but spend your money here instead of with x, y and z. Ended up without a whole lot of riches. I guess you have to ask yourself, if it is so good, why are they telling everyone about it? What's in it for them?

I haven't responded to any of the junk mails namely because I need all the money I currently have (and significantly more besides) to gain my fATPL. Gambling it just prolongs the time I am likely to stay in my present dead end job.