PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2016, 17:27
maxred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do have a soft spot for PIK and the air side crew are always great and I do hope they pull it off for the sake of all the workers
Great sentiment, and I and lots of others share that. It is a crying shame that the world changed, and Prestwick found itself totally out in the cold. The reality, and it is reality, is that it is currently goosed, in every way, and no one, has any bright ideas. I was with a guy last week, he mentioned and discussed the search for a new Director, and I told him, in my view, it was a poisoned chalice. There was a limited future. He disagreed, argued with me, but it was all based on someone resurrecting the past glory.

What it actually needs is an Airbus, ala Toulouse, a Boeing, ala Seattle, but to attract, even if it were possible, they would want it for nothing, and that I am afraid, is the whole problem. It is being totally left behind, and requires, even if a miracle of commercial traffic turned up, massive infrastructure investment. It currently looks dire, in every way.