PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcans - rear crew disabling pilots ejector seats in flight
Old 23rd Jan 2016, 15:56
macwood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat pin safety reversed.

The first trip I did as a very junior crew chief,was "arranged" because all the other crew chiefs had boycotted this particular captain because he had charged his crew chief for accidentally reversing the pins .. Would this be the same instance?
Which reminds me -on the return trip pilot does a fancy pull up before turning for home. Me- standing on the ladder between seats happen to notice that number 3 engine oil pressure is low. Thinking that this must be a test of some sort ... Mentioned this on i/c and all hell broke out!
AEO says -bearing temps off the clock. Shut down engine and return to Goose -engine change for another 2 weeks at Goose ! Not a word from the crew except AEO who reckoned another minute and the engine would have blown. I think this incident has been airbrushed from history....

Last edited by macwood; 12th Jul 2019 at 10:08. Reason: Reading "Vulcan on the line" by Brian Carlin and others -never realized