PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2016, 08:34
flightbooking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are not too old

You are not too old. Situation in hiring is better than it was a couple of years ago. It still does not guarantee you a job at the end but you have definitely better chances. You have to decide if you can afford risking a lot of £££ on this, however in your situation it will not be as much as if you had to start from scratch. If you start try to finish and get everythign as soon as possible because nobody knows how long the ramp up in hiring will last. ATPL will not be an issue at all with your background, it just takes time to go through on all of them.

However I have to agree with truckflyier in that if you decide to go down this path you cannot limit yourself to a certain geographical area. If you do you drastically reduce your chance to find a job. As a pilot you have to accept that your base can be easily hundreds or even thousands of kilometers away from your home. Especially in the beginning.

Last edited by flightbooking; 23rd Jan 2016 at 14:02. Reason: I meant to say "ATPL will _not_ be an issue"