PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All US layovers to 48 Hrs.?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2016, 07:48
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The FRMS "system" that looks at flights in isolation and completely disregards the longterm cumulative effects of fatigue.

A complete and utter joke/disgrace/farce.

Strangely, the vast majority of "investigations" triggered by fatigue reporting seem to result in FRMS concluding the flights in question are perfectly safe. How odd, right? It's like watching Vladimir Putin play hockey - you already have a pretty good idea of the outcome of the game.

When - not if - the day comes and EK has some major prang and fatigue is named as a contributing factor, I really don't know how they're going to explain away a very large number of reports for places like IAD/BOS/ORD etc. I'd love to see some EK management lackey keep a straight face while being interviewed by an FAA investigator, attempting to state that they had no idea fatigue was a problem, whilst receiving weekly fatigue reports and ASR's for years. I'm sure they'd try. Lying is, after all, second nature for the company culture. More likely the reports would simply have "disappeared".

Glad it's not my problem.