PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2016, 22:41
kcockayne

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AeroMad

Just seen your latest post. Factual & correct.
I would argue that "disaster" is the right term to use ref. the Dornier - because of the length of time that it has taken to get it into service. I know all about the unfortunate Directives on the Tri, & the spares situation - but AUR have had an inordinately long period of grace to come to terms with many of the issues.
Well before I retired from Jersey ATC (2007) the Directives began to appear on the Tri. The word was that the a/c would shortly be taken out of service, even so long ago. They weren't.
There was talk, even 8 years ago, of Dorniers. Some time later action was taken to obtain one &, notwithstanding the problems caused by relations with the Portuguese operator, AUR have had many years to decide upon & introduce a Tri. replacement. For goodness sake, AUR have had Dorniers sitting around for many months. I would say that an efficient operator would have taken action well before now to get the a/c into service - & to keep it there. Other airlines don't usually take as long to get new a/c into service !
Be that as it may, let us hope that the problems are now, & will continue to be, over.