PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2016, 22:25
Danny42C

Ddraig Goch....do I sense a Welsh connection ?...... (your #8134),
...depiction of the terrors of the infantry fighting in the jungle against the Japanese...
(From my Post p.141 #2813)
...We lived in luxury compared with the P.B.I. # in the jungle. In bamboo bashas, with mosquito nets and camp beds (in my case, my DIY travelling bed) *, we were quite comfortable and reasonably well fed...
( * Charpoy, all joints dissembled, two long members lashed to internal bomb racks, six short ones [two ends and four legs] fit between my seat back and armour plate. Bundle of cotton webbing ["liberated" from a "Cot Newar" - posh charpoy] and mossie net in bedroll [also in bomb bay with rest of crew kit].....reconstruct bed at destination approx 10 mins).

The # Poor Bloody Infantry had it rough in the jungle - there is plenty of war newsfilm showing them struggling in the mud in which they lived, fought (and often died).
...Fear not Danny, you are right about the movement in Immortal Egypt- the frieze moves à la joint HBO BBC opening titles to their historical drama Rome...
Thank you ! (BBC have emailed me yesterday):
...Hello again.

Just to let you know that it’s taking a bit longer than normal to reply to your enquiry – we’re really sorry about this!

It might be a few days yet, but we hope we can help.

Thanks a lot for your patience.

BBC Enquiries Team
Today's most popular FAQs - BBC - FAQs - Home
P.S. It’s not possible to reply to this email, but we’ll be in touch soon...
Which leaves me thinking that they're as foxed as I am !
...I hope none of the above links have been mentioned before...
Doesn't matter if they have. Thanks all the same,

All the best, Danny.