PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liberal Party wins, Bombardier wins
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2016, 13:29
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
peekay4

The CS100 and CS300 are not scope issues because I keep saying this, and not many seem to be paying attention, but I'll say it again, NO REGIONAL AIRLINE IN THE UNITED STATES WILL EVER FLY CSeries. Making this aeroplane ANYTHING BUT a scope issue.

Frontier, or Republic or whatever survival reconfiguration name this company results in will use their 300s for profit as long as BBD doesn't devalue those units by deep discounting them to make a sale in the months ahead. (Which I believe they will do) They might even put it into service as an airline (but not as a REGIONAL airline unless they sever all ties with a mainline partner) I already know that but thanks for your comments.
Republic will take delivery of their 300s (unless they cancel those orders). Whether or not the aircraft show up on Republics ramp is another matter. The aircraft delivery may be nothing more than paperwork.

United got a ridiculous deal on an out of production model of the B737. It fits into their fleet of domestic aircraft. OF COURSE they're going to purchase the B737-700.
Delta will likely do the same for the same reasons. But consider this, it may be a blow to BBD but it's also a blow to Airbus. Right?

Americans have decided "to make America great again". With a "Made in America" protectionist attitude growing, it's a good thing Airbus opened a shop in the U.S. I doubt the CSeries will put much of a dent in that ever protected airline market.

Another comment I consistently make is to point out that the CSeries IS NOT a regional jet, yet so many continue to use references to Embraer and Mitsubishi (not to mention others) when comparing this aircraft and its competition. Scope clauses will continue to be an obstacle for Embraer and Mitsubishi. Not BBD. If you look at the seat segment the CSeries is marketed at there is no one in that segment. Yet the sceptics like to argue simply based on segment overlap to drag other OEMs into the picture. That's nothing more than reality of competition.

There is a global economic downturn on the horizon and A and B have set themselves up for ridiculous customer expectations and supply chain expectations. It's going to continue to be a rough ride for BBD but I'm pretty sure they will undoubtedly sell more of this aircraft. Don't think it's not going to be a rough ride for the big guys.

Willie

P.S. Southwest ordered 33 B737-800s in "a blow to Bombardier" but not to Airbus? Well, to reiterate, the A320 or A319 doesn't fit into SW's fleet or fleet planning. As for the CS300, it doesn't compete in the 800's seat segment AND certainly doesn't fit into any of SW's fleet planning.
WOW, what a surprise?!!

Last edited by Willie Everlearn; 22nd Jan 2016 at 13:55.