PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2016, 16:34
kcockayne

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AUR

mattc

Well, that's certainly put me in my place !; or, have my comments touched a (very) sore nerve ?
I have made detrimental comments about AUR here; but, are you really saying that the comments are untrue , pompous or extravagant ? (definition of "Bombastic"). If you are, please tell me what was untrue about AUR making constant losses, or not operating the Dornier regularly (if at all) despite having possession of them for coming up to two years.
I wasn't aware that I was slinging mud at AUR. Rather, just pointing out the truth. That is if what the BBC, CTV, Guernsey Evening Press & Jersey Evening Post report IS true. And, it must be, because AUR's own figures bare it out - don't they ?
The Airline operates at a loss &, as far as I am aware, is not operating the Dornier & has taken an extremely long time to get it into service. Is this not the truth ? Where am I being pompous, untrue & bombastic ?
The whole point of my comments has been to draw attention to the truth. None of it has been untrue; as you, yourself testify in your post !
I would actually agree with you when you claim that AUR "do a pretty good job of it"; in that they DO keep those essential services going; but, can you describe "doing a pretty good job of it" as providing the service at a massive loss? And, I agree, if not for them, who else would supply these services ? - as you intimate. But, the point that I make is that they do so to the cost of the Guernsey taxpayer &, maybe, there are some of those who resent having to pay a proportion of their taxes to bail the airline out ! Especially as the States bought the airline with the sole intention of protecting the Gatwick slots ( a laudable sentiment, in itself). They did not tell the Island public that they were going to bail the Airline out year after year in the process.
Maybe some Islanders don't think that having to pay to keep the airline going is an example of AUR "providing the island with a massive benefit", as you claim.
If you don't agree with my points, that is your affair & you are entitled to say so, but it does not mean that I am being bombastic, pompous or lying in pointing this out.
IF you DO speak for the Guernsey Taxpayer, I am happy to withdraw my comments & say that I was wrong. Please provide the evidence.