PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2016, 14:21
matt56410

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kcockayne, you love ranting and having a dig at Aurigny on here, it's laughable and quite frankly boring!

I often don't feel the need to comment on PPRUNE but reading your comments and constant mud throwing at AUR's direction is rather frustrating!

What you and a lot of people forget is AUR's main purpose is to supply a rather robust and reliable service to the Bailiwick of Guernsey!

My opinion of such is actually they do a pretty good job of it!
For an island community with only a population of around 65K we are spoilt for choice in which destinations we can fly too!

Without the lifeline services AUR operate (profit or no profit) the island's would suffer grately!

You need to see the bigger picture.
Just because the airline isn't making money, the services it provides the islands as a whole is a massisive benefit!

Without the direct services to almost every major city in the UK, I'd dread to think how the business and leisure industries would cope.

In my opinion as a GSY tax payer, I'm pretty happy to subsidise an airline that serves the islands well.
I have no doubt that AUR have the publics interest at heart!
They've provided lifeline services for almost 50 years.....

Some people will disagree with me and I expect that....but just think about the commercial benefits of the services AUR offer before ranting and raving and shouting the odds on here.

Basically, stop stoking the fire without thinking about what you are saying!

And yes, I am qualified to comment on here before you start asking what my background is!