PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA A380 Taxis into Jet Bridge
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2016, 05:36
Buter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Mr.Lizard

09/27 is the preferred runway for 380 ops at MIA. Why BA aircraft were landing on 08R is confusing to me as well, since the option for 09 is always given, if available. There is the possibility that the ILS 08R was preferred by the operating crew instead of the RNAV 09.

MIA requires the follow me for all 380's. If you operate out of MIA daily, it's probably no big deal to you, but to infrequent visitors the airfield is just a sea of green and blue lights at night. I'm not sure what pathetic exchange you heard, but I'd be much happier being called pathetic than trying to explain why I'd let the big, ugly bastard sink into the concrete on an unapproved taxiway; the paperwork tends to eat into valuable drinking time.

This is all irrelevant, of course, because the incident happened when the airplane was (I hope) lined up on the lead in line and following the stand guidance. I don't wish to defend or blame since both the airport staff and the pilots involved are friends and Colleagues, but this looks like the upper deck jetty was left in the wrong place.

I'm sure it won't be too long before someone with actual facts chimes in.

Cheers

Buter