PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - new NETT income 1st year Captain SIA ?????
Old 10th Jul 2003, 19:50
millerscourt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue Eagle I could not see the relevance of the question asked by Mark1 as surely he is aware that SIA have a surplus of Pilots and I doubt whether they will be recruiting for several years.However when they do I predict as follows.

1) All Singapore based Pilots in future will be on National Terms only ie no rental allowance,no school allowance,no expat allowance. The Provident Fund has already been discontinued for new joiners.

2) Service increments will be changed to no more than 1.5x bottom scale.

3) Formula for service increments will be changed so that it will take forever to get on the top scale.

4) Bonus formula will be changed to ensure that the days of 3+ months basic are never paid again.

CA is up for renewal soon. This time around as SIA will steamroller reduced benefits, they will not take 2 1/2 years to settle , so it will forced down the throats of the Pilots. The generals have won hands down with the active help of AlphaS.

SIA will as a result only appeal to those from the Third World,whilst London Basing will still be attractive to the ex BA 55ers as they are paid in Sterling and most don't pay tax.

Mark1 Eyeball Tax in Singapore Go to www.iras.gov.sg all the tax rates are there for what it is worth.