PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Essential Reading: "Can Qantas Survive" (BRW July 10 -16)
Old 10th Jul 2003, 19:50
QF skywalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I read with interest that Qantas would have to try and " Ensure staff morale does not fall too far as management slashes the number of staff" - do they think that this has not happened already ? For the past few months I have felt as though I am part of a sinking ship already, management once again are displaying their ignorance to the mood of their workforce - the people who are working hard to keep the airline flying. After reading all of this what motivation do we have to keep enthusiasm for the company and the job that we all love so much ?

Excess data - I assume you are referring to "other departments" as cabin crew.Although the cabin crew in Australia maybe paid a slightly higher rate than our overseas colleagues, I don't see it as being a huge expense to Qantas when you compare it to Virgin Blue. The BRW magazine suggests that the average wage of an Australian based QF f/a is 45k, yet my close friend at Virgin Blue earnt a whopping 57k for the financial year. The major gap comparatively between the two companies is clearly tech crew wages where the difference is unarguably large.

Regards
QF Skywalker