PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A.S.T. Perth (Scone) 1966
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2016, 10:29
dont overfil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been struggling to post some more recent photos on here without success. Strange, I used to be able to do it! I'll keep trying.

There was a new(er) top put on the tower in the 70's otherwise it is much the same. The ATC service has now been downgraded to A/G Radio. The rest of the tower building is occupied by The Scottish Charity Air Ambulance and the Scottish Conservatives. The aeroclub building (Flight office) is unchanged.

Hangar 1 is ACS engineering and flight training.
H2 is now for container storage.
H3 is the Scottish Aero Club with over 80 aircraft stored. SAC also does microlight and gyrocopter training. Kingsfield Helicopters also share this hangar.
H4 Built in the 90's is AST engineering training. They stopped doing ATPL ground school in December 2015.

The last AST aircraft, 15 C150 Aerobats, 8 Warriors and 6 Cessna 310's were sold in 1996 effectively to one person. The C150's are now spread around the country. 5 of the Warriors went to Oxford Air Training. One of the C310's G-BGXK was scrapped at Perth last year. the rest were spread round the world. I had the pleasure of delivering one of the Warriors G-BTRY to Oxford in 1996.

Most of the other buildings are still here and are now housing, small businesses and even a hotel.

Manoir, wilco. I'll point him towards this thread.

Last edited by dont overfil; 20th Jan 2016 at 12:46. Reason: just thought