PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Final Words of Advice
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2016, 09:26
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stan

I came into flying over 30 years ago from Car racing. I was sponsored racing and lost the sponsor taking up flying as without a sponsor it was impossible to be competitive which when I was sponsored I was.

I intended to fly to solo and then to give up! But then having achieved the solo I then had a new goal of the PPL and so on and so on I did not have a large amount of free cash back then and did the remainder of the PPL over the next 18 months.

I very much looked at flying in chunks with one goal leading to another.
There will be highs and lows but the buzz from a good set of lessons or when you feel you have cracked one aspect kept you going for days after if not weeks.
So expect Highs and Lows expect times when you question why you are doing this? Expect bad patches when for instance you are doing great landings and then cannot seem to get a smooth touchdown.

A lot is about confidence and that can be gained or lost very quickly

It is important to click with the instructor you have as a good instructor will bring out the best in you while one you don't click with will slow your progress.

Above all its costing a lot of your hard earned money and the club is your servant so don't forget that and enjoy the experience

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 20th Jan 2016 at 11:44.