PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair delayed: We have ice we don't want to die !!
Old 20th Jan 2016, 08:49
Trim Stab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is not the captain making the announcement to inform the passengers of such an operational event? Presumably they will see lots of curious activity going on outside and ned some reassurin
g.

Some airlines - particularly Lufthansa - cockpit crews spend far too long waffling on in multiple languages introducing themselves and the cabin crew, blabbing on about the altitude they will be flying at, how fast the aeroplane goes, what route they will be taking, whats for dinner etc. One one flight, the evidently infrequent flyer behind said "I wish this captain would just shut up and concentrate on flying the plane!" I couldn't agree more.

Quite possibly captain would have been far too busy sorting out consequences of delayed flight and just delegated the announcement to cabin crew - nothing wrong with that.

I also though that the hostesses wording was just fine - you are going to die if you don't take the ice of the wings. Nothing wrong with saying out loud the truth.