PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Take off alternate - Landing distance req
Old 19th Jan 2016, 23:47
c100driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly my commiserations of having to put up with the total mess of incomplete, incompetent and contradictory information masquerading as Civil Aviation Regulations of Aussie. They are a total shambles and it is no wonder that PPrune has so many conflicting discussions on what is correct.

While trying to check some of the comments I have found "legal documents" that are unsigned in comlaw, explanatory statements that explain what the law is meant to say! (why could they just not write it correctly in the first place)

However I did find that the CAR's authorise the director to issue any directions via a CAO. So in this case the director can in-fact over rule (redefine?) the content of the rule.

Whilst attempting to research the facts I did come across an exemption to Tiger for the use of IFLD plus 15% IAW CAO 20.7.1B. Because the com law and CASA websites were written by a 5 year old child with learning disability I have not bothered to look for the rest of the airline exemptions though I suspect that they are all there.

The FAA 121.195 only mentions "prior to takeoff" in respect of landing distance it never mentions landing distance requirements inflight.