PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Automation dependency stripped of political correctness.
Old 19th Jan 2016, 12:13
Tourist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Uplinker
Tourist; your posts are starting to verge on trolling.
I would counter that what you are doing is closer to the definition of trolling.
You state a "fact"
When evidence is produced that disproves that "fact" you refuse to acknowledge it at all and move on.
You then appear on a new thread spouting the same "fact"

Originally Posted by Uplinker
I was an electronics engineer for 16 years. I fault-found analogue and digital systems and circuits using oscilloscopes, data loggers, noise measuring equipment, multimeters and other test equipment. I repaired circuits down to component level using soldering irons etc. I designed and built electronic circuits and systems. My colleagues and I set up microwave links and other radio transmission systems. I also worked solo in France and Italy operating mobile satellite uplink transmitter trucks - (hence my forum name).

I then re-trained as a pilot and am in my 15th year of flying commercial passenger aircraft. I have daily practical experience of using automated flying systems and manual flying in busy airspace.

This does not mean that I know it all - far from it. However, I have some relevant experience, so am hardly "ignorant" in this area.
I disagree.

I don't think you have relevant experience of modern capabilities in automation.
Looking to the past is no way to judge future capabilities.

You refuse to read or acknowledge references from luminaries such as NASA if they disagree with your narrative.

Last edited by Tourist; 19th Jan 2016 at 12:24.