PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline pilot with eye floaters, FOV a solution ?
Old 19th Jan 2016, 11:06
BB747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Loose rivets,

Thank you very much for your concern and implication to my thread !
I find it hard to understand everything you write though as I am not an English spoken native haha but I get most of it I think.

Because you have longer research than me I would like to ask you few questions to clarify everything you said :

You think it would be a bad idea to get a FOV at my age (30) because you think I could get complications in the future ? Like what complications ?

I understand you had a vitrectomy on your left eye which went well, no complications whatsoever ? Now your right eye is bothering you but did it have any surgery of any kind in the past ?

If you are talking about retinal tomography, Yes I just had one and the doc said there were absolutely no problems and not visible floaters as well, but why do you say you are curious to know how the area around my fovea looks like ?

Also don't you think that FOV are much safer now with the 25 gauges instruments ?
Have you heard about Dr Wong Randy ? Treatment for Floaters - FOV to Remove Floaters

He says that FOV are very safe now, even safer than cataract surgery and has no hesitation to operate young patients as he thinks risks for complications are rare.

You know I am only 29 years old and I swear my floaters are all over the place, I don't know how long I will be able to safely fly in this condition so what are my solutions ? My job means everything to me.

Take care