PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Corbyn & Trident
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2016, 08:52
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by PeterGee
So whilst I do not agree with Mr Corbyn on, well anything! I would not consider him uninitelligent. I did not see the interview, so can anyone here even attempt to outline his rationale? From what I do understand, this is the most hairbrained idea I have heard of!
I'm no fan of Dave Spart, but I watched the interview and he came across rather better than I anticipated. Though there's no question of handing over the FI, the current situation of maintaining a stupendously expensive garrison in the face of a desperately broke nation that can't accord fuel for their coast guard RIBs is a bit ridiculous.

But these aren't the polucies that will get the Labour Party elected. Consider the battle between Popularist policies presenting free university places, rent controls, more Council housing, nationalised utilities, British Rail, higher living wage...in the face of 12 years of (necessary) austerity and more 'fat cat' Tory rule. Add to this the entryism of the Hard Left (Militant veterans of the 1980s) and I'm not sure the results of the 2020 election will be that easy to call