PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A question for Australian employers hiring a Canadian
Old 19th Jan 2016, 03:43
Piston_Pounder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A question for Australian employers hiring a Canadian

I currently live in Canada, just below the Arctic Circle. I travelled to Australia 6 years ago and I loved it. I only had my PPL at the time but I knew I'd always want to come back to fly in Australia professionally.
I now have my CPL with Multi-IFR and 1000+ hours and I am aware of the process of converting my license and different types of Visas required.

My question to any operators currently hiring 1000 hour pilots is, would you hire a pilot currently in Australia on a plain old one year work visa who has all intentions of getting a skilled working Visa with the intent of permanent residence and possibly immigration?

The one thing that is very hard to get is a sponsorship from a company which greatly improves the ease and likelihood of getting the skilled working visa. My thinking is that after working for the duration of the initial 1 year work visa, the employer can decide whether or not they would like to sponsor me for further progress in the immigrant or residency process.
Thanks for any input.