PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 19th Jan 2016, 01:33
KRUSTY 34

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
I now fly with a large number of former REX Cadets. It is my opinion that kilo for kilo they are a superior product to what we have experienced in the past, and I humbly include myself in that number!

They are green, but what they lack in experience they compensate well for in enthusiasm and ability. However....

The REX Cadetship has not, and never will solve REX's chronic crewing issues. The reasons for this are quite complex, but many of our former Cadets are well aware of, and in many cases have experienced first hand the reasons for this!

One byproduct of the Cadetship is the almost universal membership of the AFAP that it generates amongst its graduates. But you'll learn about that first hand when you go through the experience.

Cup vs Cake, not bad progress, 4 years from graduation to left seat. You must have progressed to the PICUS program (currently under suspension by management) swiftly.

Personally, I refer to our former Cadets who have not yet attained command as REX First Officers not Cadet First Officers. It may seem pedantic, but once they have graduated and are checked to line, they have certainly earned the title.