PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working on a CR1 visa
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2016, 01:10
Daygo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

Hi Guys and Girls,

First and foremost, thank you very much for everyones responses. I was not naive in coming to the US and when I had spoken to the regionals from the UK this CR-1 Visa did not seem to be an issue.

From my understanding it is the larger players i.e AA and United that seem to have a problem with the Visa situation and the regionals who are under contract are just following compliancy. According to the information I have ascertained I have a permanent resident visa but for the next two years it is conditional (to me maintaining my marriage and being a good boy.) I think when I physically have the Green Card in my hand (between 2-5 months now) then this might change the situation...

I have no solid answers and will be speaking to USCIS and the compliancy department at AA to try and understand this situation better.

I seriously cannot believe I am the only person to have encountered this? I hear of lots of British pilots who came over for their initial training, became flight instructors, ended up marrying and now fly over here for a living; the problem is none of them are coming forward.

I will be back once I have found out more information.

Regards

Daygo