PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - High Vis jackets
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2003, 16:37
Grob Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tend to work in some potentially very dangerous places every day, and routinely have to wear a ‘high viz’ jacket… But At the moment I’m refusing to… Why. Because they attract millions of those bl00dy little fly’s. Those fly’s become at distraction as I’m wafting my hands all over he place trying to get rid of the little ******s! This takes my eyes off the job, and makes me les conscious of my surrounding environment. So, while they are great on a cold grey day, I think they are potentially more of a hazard on bright sunny days… you know… The days when we all like to go flying!

Coriolis, may I suggest that you stay under which ever rock you choose to hide behind! I’m all for improving safety but at what cost? Ear defenders are great, only you cant hear the aircraft that’s just about to run you over! High Viz… there’s a time and a place!

Oh Keef… it’s only orange on railways for maintenance / routine work. This tells the driver of the train, that it’s not an emergency, and he can continue… Walk on to a track wearing yellow, and the driver will stick the anchors on pretty ‘pronto tonto’…. It’s means there’s an emergency! (and no, I’m not a railway worker!)

Cheers,

Grob Driver