PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deciding between Bristol and Oxford groundschool
Old 17th Jan 2016, 21:21
Daretobegreat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL Ground School Full time at Oxford or DL at Bristol Ground School

Dear Capt Pit Bull,

I found your comments very convincing and to the point. I have this thing in my mind that i believe that people who study full time ground school at oxford Aviation Academy will get a better grasp of knowledge than those who study with Bristol Ground School or Oxford Aviation Academy using their Distance learning programmes. I am a very passionate aviator and have logged 60 hours at C172 within last year.. I currently hold ICAO PPL and now want to get to Airline route by efficient and cheapest way possible. Do you think Airlines prefer candidates who finished their ground school full time in ONE GO within Six months or distance learning is looked at as good as full time. I work full time and cannot go to Oxford full time until October this year "2016" but at the same time i do not want to waste time till October. I am confused as i do not want to loose £2500 now( For Distance Learning of Oxford Aviation Academy ) and then to find out that its not really worth it and then fork out another £5500 ( For full time resident studentship) later this year.Please guide me through and I hope i haven't thrown too many questions at you./"I have added your five reasons to learn this stuff " to my sticky notes which are motivating me more now ". Your reply will be much appreciated.

Many thanks