PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Talk about a tight formation.
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2016, 19:24
Wageslave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Such astonishing accuracy is indeed a revelation, I for one had no idea such close work was possible and I am full - deeply full - of admiration but I wonder what, once it's been demonstrated, is the point in continuing to do it beyond ensuring this esoteric skill is not lost. After all it has no practical or tactical use and the public can neither see nor appreciate it during displays.

I am left with more than a whiff of phalanxes of N Korean troops skipping like a bunch of poofs in their ludicrous quick march or the hilarious Monty Python antics of Pakistani and Indian "soldiers" at their disputed border. No doubt circus tricks do defuse tension but I suspect this is a result quite unintended by the "Brass" in this particular situation.

Doubtless training your army to emulate Nadia Comonenç skipping, backfliping and doing the splits in perfect split-second symmetry across the paradeground is impressive, but it adds not one jot to your warfighting reputation and can quite easily damage it through it's pointless ridiculousness.

Sure, it demonstrates vast precision but so do the dancing Indo-Pak border-guards. Isn't there a risk this sort of thing just looks self-indulgent?

Last edited by Wageslave; 17th Jan 2016 at 19:46.