PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson recruitment.
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2016, 21:07
Toast30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 7k OCC is a p*ss take and I suspect it's an issue that has been discussed recently at high levels because it clearly prevents people from applying who may be suitable for the job. I thought long and hard about the issue when I joined and it still grates on me today, especially when they have the cheek to type freeze me as well. When this policy came in, the supply of pilots outstripped demand. The reverse may now be true so perhaps this will change, who knows.
If you delay your application by a year or two in the hope that the 7k reduction will disappear it will only bite you in the arse when it comes to bidding for other fleets/bases or command, as others in front of you get what you want before you. There is lots of movement and recruitment at the moment so if you want to join you may as well be as high up the seniority list as you can get. It's a decent place to be at the moment and I would highly recommend it.
As others have suggested those with the long term view have joined the business and not looked back. I don't think the ongoing pay deal will address the PPY issue but hopefully it will sort out the pension debacle.