PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2016, 16:59
ACW418

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Standards

Cats,

I think you need to stop reading out of date information. I was both a BGA Full Cat and an Air Cadet A2* at the same time and there was no difference in requirement with the exception of spinning pre solo in the Air Cadets. The aircraft would not spin so I guess CFS felt it was unnecessary.

The list given above is wildly out of date and probably applied when I went solo in 1961. The syllabus pre "the pause" was much more comprehensive and most definitely included Lookout. The mantra Lookout Attitude Instruments was taught and practised ad nauseam to every student. The average to solo was around 50 launches in Vikings.

The entire flying training system was devised by and maintained by the RAF Central Flying School who have almost universal acceptance as the leaders in flying training. Every instructor has to be checked by a CFS examiner once every two years - this is on top of re-categorisation checks with a Central Gliding School examiner which are no more than 13 months apart. The BGA have no similar standardisation regime. As an ex RAF pilot I can confirm that these checks are no different to what an RAF QFI would have to endure (except of course CGS does not apply).

ACW