PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A.S.T. Perth (Scone) 1966
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2016, 14:25
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks to have been a rather dull December day, John?

For my CPL X/C in September the wx was a bit brighter. I was allocated G-APXY: probably our oldest C150 and a bit of a dog. Like CSman later, it was Perth/Dalcross/Perth with a landing at Dyce on the outbound sector only. My logbook records the Perth/Dyce and Dyce/Dalcross legs separately, but with the same arrival and departure time at Dyce, so it was either a roller or a landing and once around the perimeter track. On the next leg, after the turning point at Peterhead, parts of the route ran close to bits of main roads such as the A96. Heading into wind, it was evident that I was only just keeping pace with the faster vehicles at my TAS of 100 mph (86 kt). (Different story on the way back...) This coastal route obviously passed close to the south of RNAS Lossiemouth and RAF Kinloss, but IIRC all was quiet. After an indifferent landing and a 45-minute turnround at Dalcross - to refuel and visit AIS to file a flight-plan - the return sector took 2:20. It was my first and (so far) last visit to Inverness.