PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paging, or Virtual memory, is it wearing out my SSD?
Old 16th Jan 2016, 10:21
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Hee hee, I know. A writing pal is thinking of going that route though it seems a lot more money for a lesser spec. What's more, since the Kaspersky file arrived, I have computers again.

Getting a larger SSD might be the answer, and not partitioning it. That's if it is spreading the load automatically.

I pay so little for my kit - or I did in Texas. That list that Craig made found me an Asus executive thing with i5 and 1080 for $350 and a Vaio i7 with 8gigs for about the same. I'll have another go at making the screen a bit more pleasing and bring that into the daily loop. (it was the same on this monitor at 1440. It's own native res is 16-something.)

However, this PC with SSD and W10 is up and running by the time I've got me backside on the seat. The W7 Sony is halfway back to Vista times.

Capn Bloggs, There was the option to buy a pack with both discs but that was a lot more money. That kind of company was assuring everyone they could buy the OEM version but as we've discussed in the past, MS had quite different ideas. I had all my receipts for the parts and they were okay about it. They seem to appreciate people discussing it. However, I recall we've discussed upgrades of any kind on the W10 discussions. Getting all my 4 gigs would give that bit more shoulder room.