PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much further does this manning crisis go with EK?
Old 16th Jan 2016, 08:22
Kamelchaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much further does this manning crisis go with EK?

1. Resignations now averaging more than one a day. Very large numbers of experienced pilots leaving. ("retiring" if above 50 apparently, so they're not counted in the official stats)
2. Pilots flying 98-105 hour rosters; fatigue a clear and present danger.
3. Managers flying up to 90 hour rosters due pilot shortage...hardly anybody in the office and seriously reduced management oversight of the entire operation.
4. CRMI trainers told they won't be doing courses for a while as they're needed on the line.
5. Numerous people called off their manual handling sims to operational duties due shortage of crews.; reduced training
6. Discussions continue about trying to postpone all manual handling sims due shortage of crew (wonder how they're going to present that to STC, as that is his little baby); reduced training
7. Some pretty average performers moving to the left seat. Sorry to say, I'm not seeing a lot to give me confidence with some guys I've observed.
8. Reduced experience in the right seat.
9. New GSFIs with no airline or big jet time, teaching new FOs with limited airline time and no jet time; reduced quality of training?
10. Freighter operation with constant and serious mistakes in loading. Every week another ASR about serious load errors; high risk operation.
11. Engineers, cabin crew, and pretty much every part of this operation stretched to, if not already past breaking point; fatigue, high risk of mistakes
12. And finally, statistics....heavily weighed against EK now.

Anybody recognise this picture?