PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I guess I am...
Thread: I guess I am...
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2016, 02:57
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in sharing your knowledge you gain a deeper understanding, both by explaining it, so having to think more about the subject
This to me is a key theme. I'm not expert in any of this, like everyone here, I have some knowledge, and I find it improves when I have to articulate what I'm thinking.

I can and do learn from 250 hour pilots, and on occasion, I find myself disagreeing with 20,000 hour pilots. Aviation, even the subset of GA, is still too broad for anyone to declare expertise. There are many IFR, glass cockpit, or aerobatic pilots here who can teach circles around me, so I read them with interest.

But when I am reminded (witnessed) that some basic handling skills are being sidelined, I'm going to speak up in defense of basic piloting for its own sake....

Reading here is voluntary, so I don't feel I'm imposing too much by posting, as people can choose not to read. But more, I hope others are inspired to post more too - that's what we're all here for....

So, (chest puffed out a little), I much more warn of, than seek permission for, my posts! - I have more learning I need to do!