PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airily - Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2016, 00:47
Ovation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish them lots of luck in their venture - they''l need it. Their biggest issue will be ground transportation if the passenger is reliant upon rental cars or taxis. If you're being picked up, read no further.

I regularly land at YMEN - it is more convenient to get to Southbank, if you don't mind the average 20 minute wait for a cab, which will cost around $55.00. Because of the Freeway there are always empty taxis between the city and YMML. My regular Sydney destination is Waverton which will leave no change out of $100.00. Again, there can be a long wait for a cab of around 30-40 minutes (normal), or if you get really lucky, it might be only 5-10 minutes (rare). Bankstown is poorly serviced by taxis.

Ever tried to rent a car at YMEN or YSBK?

Absolute PITA unless you can convince them to deliver the car to the airport, otherwise you'll need to wait for a taxi to the rental depot. Dropping the car off at YMEN was OK when there was a key-drop box just inside the main door, but I'm not sure whether it's still there.

I've found YSBK is worse for rental cars unless you arranged in advance with the Mobil refuellers, but availability was always an issue.

Unless somethings changed, the nearest other car rental was a $20.00 taxi ride into Budget in Bankstown CBD.