PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair & Positioning Pilots
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2016, 22:46
172_driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The maximum duty is 60hrs in 7 consecutive days. Here is a simple question for those involved.
A crew member (let's say contractor) is home based at A. They are rostered to report for duty at B which is outside driving distance and requires air travel. During their 5 day duty they will accumulate 50 hours FDP. To position A-B requires 1 or 2 sectors of company a/c travel and a total >6 hours. It is rostered as Day Off. Then follows 5 flying days. Travel home B-A >6 hours is the next day. It is rostered s Day Off.
Do pilots consider this to be 7 days consecutive duty and > 60hours? If they are rostered in such a way what is their reaction? Or do they have a different opinion? Or are their travelling days now rostered as duty days? Pray tell.
My experience is people just got on with it and did it. Been there, done that. And as I have mentioned before, there was no duty time recorded nor any check that I got my minimum rest.

victorc10 wrote in this matter: It is counted as duty time, NOT flight duty time (as per the operations manual) and therefore you are on duty but not likely to affect your FTL's. Details are recorded and have been for a number of years, previously not. The new regulations will require some changes and are currently being negotiated with IAA.

I don't believe that for a second. My duty record still have me recorded as OFF on all those traveling days. As this is long gone for me know, I can honestly say I've probably busted the minimum rest on several occasions. Well I know I have, to avoid having to travel a day earlier losing yet another OFF day. So if details are recorded why have I not heard anything about it?
If this poster is a Ryanair employee, then he might be correct. I think on the rare occasions they are sent out of base it's put on the roster as a deadheading flight. For contractors, no.