PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More tech questions !!
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2001, 13:41
Down Three Greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

These are of the top of my head as a starter for ten.

1. Direct lift control is the use of jet air across the top surface of the wing to augment lift. Used on some Russian aircraft

2. Not sure on this one as it a little vague. I think it means a set of flight controls that augment the stability of an aircraft. They continually move to keep the aircraft stable and thats before the pilot supplies an input

3. Lift dump on landing, airbrake, augment roll control....erm....can't think of any more.

4. Q is an aerodynamic term for 1/2 rho 'v' squared, the increase in forces with air density and speed. Q feel is added to hydraulic controls to give the pilot a feeling like that of a normal 'cable driven' system. i.e. Controls feel sluggish at low speed and firm at high speed.

5. Got me there

6. Deep stall usually exists of low wing, high tail aicraft. It is a stable stall, usually unrecoverable, where the distured air flow off the stalled wing blankets the high tail and prevents recovery or at least severely effects pitch control. It was researched on the trident and they lost an aircraft at Salisbury Plain on 22 Oct 1963 researching it!!

7. Try explaining this one without a pencil. Picture and aicraft at an angle of attack of about 10 degrees. The down going blade with have a bigger bite (AoA) in the air than the up going one. More force produced on one side of the propellor disc and can produce yaw I think. (I don't think it is precessed round 90 degrees like a helicopter)