PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2016, 10:12
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 111boy
It is amusing how often those tests change. BA used to do psychometric a long time ago, lots of people got rejected and they stopped. Emirates never used to, then it became almost a whole day.

With experience I have learned that selection procedures don't always work very well, HR building their part sometimes.

Yes we have to do them, but we are allowed to moan about them too.
Sorry, thread creep here however BA still do psychometric analysis. It's stage one of their process. It may have been refined slightly over the years however it's still very much present. Nowadays, I believe, it's largely continued into stage 2 with competency based interviewing and further behavioural analysis. The process at Emirates is a ridiculous mismatch of all sorts and is more of an endurance test as the main elements are shoe horned into one day.

In Jet2s defence, once the online tests are accomplished, the remainder of the process is very standard. Relaxed interview, group exercise and sim.

I've had experience and success with all three of these. Drowned in the pool with BA, couldn't fatham how I could make EK work with my young family and still very much in the left seat with Jet2 - and happy about that as well!

Good luck to those applying