PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Last AF B747 PAX flight
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2016, 10:00
lpatrick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
747 memories

I used to fly 747s regularly, usually first or business class, I loved seat 1A as the window looked slightly forward. The great thing about the 747 as a passenger was the feeling of space around you. Funny how people remember the self importance of BA 747 crew, lots of people I speak to remember the same thing. After a long flight, having paid an enormous fare to travel first class, it still amuses me while waiting for baggage at the carousel, to see the crew bags come of first so that they can get into the limo to take them to a 1st class hotel for a few days rest, paid for by my ticket !

I was sitting in a BA 747 at Montego Bay once, waiting for a new crew to join and take the next leg to Kingston. I was travelling First Class and asked for a Drink. I saw the new crew board and knew they had come from one of the best hotels in Jamaica. The drink never did come and on departing MoBay for Kingston I asked the same cabin crew what had happened to my drink to which she replied "Sorry but the new Captain wanted a cup of tea" What a culture !