PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2016, 09:42
Chris Gains

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will also bite on the 12 hours a month requirement, I can only refer back to my own service over 12 years that included 2 years as an officer on a SQN as well as flying for the VGS. In that period I did a minimum of 1 week long course a year, as well as trips to Syerston for categorisation. Over that 12 year period I should have given a minimum of 1728 hours of my time.

Just looking at my weekend activities I did an average of 48 Saturdays a year and just over 12 hours a day. My service amounting to just 6912 hours in the 12 year period. I did more than some any less than a few others.

To insinuate that VRT’s should be hoofed out due to not operating for 2 years and not doing the minimum due to no fault of their own is not really on. I know of multiple officers and CI’s who are spending time at Squadrons and organising activities for cadets as well as trying to keep the VGS’s together in the hope that flying will eventually return.

But hey, I suppose if they remove all the VGS VRT's, then the rumoured changes to 'professional pilots' will have been achieved!!!!!