PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2016, 06:59
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Danny:-
I'll take you up on:
Quote:
...I'm sure that a media luvvie would be able to explain it in a trice..
On reflection I apologise for using such a sweeping and pejorative term. I can only plead the irritation of being dumbed down to as an excuse. On further reflection I suspect that we are heading for a dead-end here, Danny. whatever the answer is to your original question or even to my irritation (or Victor Meldrew syndrome?), it probably lies outwith the scope of this thread, moderate moderation notwithstanding. Having said that, if someone can answer you I'm sure that we would all learn something...

Like others I am intrigued by Beagle's picture of WWII baby navs under instruction in that unique Fokker a/c. Is that a P12 compass sitting on the table between them? I wonder if that had been swung, either on the ground or in the air? The fate of these pre-war galleons of the air in WWII would be an interesting subject on its own. I seem to remember that one of those majestic Handley Page HP42's ended its days at Drem, nr Edinburgh, a victim of strong winds while carrying out a Squadron move during the BoB.