PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A.S.T. Perth (Scone) 1966
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2016, 22:40
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Spring 1965

Hi KayKay and mcdhu,

Presumably your messing would have been at the Aero Club, but you might have bumped into CPL/IR guys on Courses 27 or earlier? I've already posted the course photo with names for 27. Have also got photos for courses 25 and 26, but with hardly any names (see below). All these courses were probably messing in the school.

Remaining students on Courses 23 and 24, however, would mainly have gained their CPLs by your time, and perhaps been promoted to the Aero Club for messing. The only name I recall from that period is Dave Runnalls (BUA-sponsored).

Courses 25 and 26

In Course 26, back row are John Duncan (left) and Dick Linton (2nd from right). 4th from left in front row may be John Fairclough, but I'm not sure. All those 3 were BUA-sponsored, as was another guy from that period: Barry Jackson (probably course 27, although I can't find him in a course photo). BUA-sponsored students are very much in a minority in Course 26, and I don't know who the sponsors were. Perhaps someone can help?

Last edited by Chris Scott; 1st Jan 2019 at 18:34. Reason: Reinstating the twin photo of courses 25 & 26 (extract from college magazine)