PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I guess I am...
Thread: I guess I am...
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2016, 22:13
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I am...

From another thread:

just to show you guys not to be so didactic.
I'm admittedly one of the guys.

I learned a new word, as I had to look it up - "didactic" was not in my lexicon. But, yes, I am...

For 40 years now, well meaning pilots with experience far in excess of mine have shared that experience with me. Everything from the so many pilots who have stopped to offer a kind word, or bit of advice to the wise, to the instructor, who a few years ago yelled at me "What the F*** did you do that for!?!".

In any case, I learned, and became a safer pilot. Now, holding that experience, I can sit back and read flying magazines, and watch goofs on Youtube, or, I can post thoughts here for newer pilots to read, and consider. Perhaps they'll have a bit of good take away...

I believe that knowledge is not owned, it is lent and borrowed - the holder is honour bound to give it back - onward, to the newcomers. I could sit around the flying club - a 40 minute flight away for me, and chat with whomever I meet there, but It seems pretty quiet there these days compared to four decades ago. I suspect that instead of sitting around there, new generation pilots are going home to read here! So, I'll post here!

So sorry if I'm didactic, but it's the one of the ways I know to pay it forward to new pilots, and I owe a lot forward!