PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair & Positioning Pilots
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2016, 22:00
172_driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps you can explain why you believe pilots being required to undertake positioning duties in their rest periods/days off is smoke and mirrors and not a breach of FTL's please ?

They are not 'required' people choose to accept a lifestyle to live where the planes are not and therefore do it by choice.
Say Mach Number,

That is true only for those who choose to commute from home to assigned base. When you are sent to another base than your assigned base you are traveling there at the behest of the operator, on your OFF day, no duty time/min rest recorded. If you are in Ryanair, you know that's happening all the time!!!

The point that your missing is that if I travel by FR to work I am not a pax but recorded as crew! Hence on duty in theory.
I don't buy that. I've done hundreds of commutes in FR. Never once have these commutes been recorded on the Voyage report as crew. There has been no trail in my Duty Plan. My roster says OFF, except for the rostered deadheading to recurrent training. The only little trail is my crewcode on the loadsheet, but that's hardly proof of me being on duty.