PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A despirate search for answers!
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2016, 14:33
Jim610

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A despirate search for answers!

Guys

My head is hurting trying to find an answer to my question in EASA land so I would like to pose the question here to see if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Firstly the scenario: I am a British military avionics engineer who many years ago gained a BCAR licence in Radio/Radar. A change in career plans meant I stayed in the military however I did convert my licence to B2 (with restrictions) but have not as yet used it in anger. Soon to leave the military, I am however no longer looking to start another career working for an airline or the sort but I do keep getting asked if I could carry out, ad-hoc, radio and transponder routine testing. Apparently there isn’t many people doing that sort of thing for GA in my neck of the woods.

Aside from not currently having any appropriate test equipment, not insurmountable, I can’t find any info on what sort of approval I would need to carry out such freelance work in this modern EASA world on GA aircraft. A part 145 approval seems a bit over the top for a one man band with all it’s requirements but I can find nothing else in the regs that says what I would need.

Is there anyone out there, maybe already doing this sort of work, as I know there are some, who could point me in the right direction?

Regards

Jim