PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - iMac
Thread: iMac
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2016, 11:45
yellowtriumph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iMac

We are about to take possession of one of these. I have always been pretty much exclusively a 'Windows' man so have little experience of Mac's and their OS etc.

One of the things I've read about the Apple operating system(s) is that it fairly hack proof and generally less prone to internet/emailing problems as the OS is tightly controlled by Apple with less opportunity for malcontents or external third parties to invade/interrupt or interfere with individual machines. I would like to believe this, but take it with a pinch of salt.

Can I ask what the general feeling is here on the forum with regard to protecting oneself from on-line 'external interference' on the iMac? I was thinking of installing a paid for antivirus app (if such things are applicable to Mac's etc?). Norton has always worked well on our Windows laptop and I use the Norton Identity safe app on it too which I was hoping to install on the iMac so I was hoping to go down that route. Any thoughts appreciate.

The purchase is made, so not a thread discussing the merits of Apple v Microsoft please.