PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair & Positioning Pilots
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2016, 09:57
T250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The original post said

"I have several aquaintances.......who seem to......".

So I met a mate in a pub who knows a bloke ........

No one has been here to say he has done it and it happens/ed to me.

It's all hearsay.

Mods please put a stop to this, it is one of the stupidest threads I've ever seen on pprune.
No let's not put a stop to this, just because it is actually an inconvenient truth that some people on here are bringing up into the open issues not only of how FR employees appear to be breaching DfT regulations, but also FTL and potentially tax and airport charges avoidance.

This commuting off duty does happen, and it is the mechanics and mechanisms around how it is allowed/got away with that is the issue here, amongst other things.

It is the case with 2 other UK airlines, one orange and one major charter operator, that whenever their staff are 'commuting' whether on or off duty, they are given a ticket and go through normal pax security and do NOT use their airside ID to gain access. As they have a ticket, they are complying also with airport charges and they are fully documented as using the airport. They have a legitimate reason to be airside as they are ticketed and departing on a specific flight.

The opposite is the case with this FR commuters issue.

1. Using airside IDs when not on duty is a breach of any UK airport's ID pass system and of a number of DfT rules.

2. It seems that the reason to breach the do not use your airside ID when not on duty is so that FR and it's employees can avoid providing proper ticketed boarding passes to their staff as that would mean paying airport taxes and also going through pax security.

3. If Ryanair aircrew are allowed to just do whatever they like when off duty with regards to airside access, then why can't absolutely anyone else with airside IDs. You are not superior even though you may like to think you are, when it comes to compliance with UK airport DfT procedures. After all, you all still have to go through a mandatory security search every single time you go airside, you are not and should not be exempt from any rules that any other airside worker is subject to!